YPC has had a significant impact on thousands of children and their communities by:
- each year, providing 2,000 NYC children from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds with innovative vocal music education.
- offering choristers YPC’s College Bound Program, ensuring 100% of YPC graduates attend college.
- redefining what can be expected from young voices by raising the level of artistry and performance for children.
- expanding and invigorating today’s repertoire for children’s choruses, with well over 130 commissions and premieres by some of the world’s most distinguished composers.
- reaching millions of viewers through YPC’s innovative new digital platform, In the Key of Love
- inspiring millions of listeners annually through performances at national and international concert halls, radio, and TV programs, and recordings.
- inviting choristers to travel across the U.S. and world for concerts and competitions.
- providing thousands of children with a path to success, through YPC’s corporate partnerships and mentoring programs.
“THIS TEEN-AGE CHORUS’ LATEST PROGRAM IS SO SOPHISTICATED IT COULD PUT MANY ADULT CHOIRS TO SHAME.”
-THE NEW YORKER
“WHAT DO YOU GET A DECORATED ELDER OF THE AMERICAN MUSIC SCENE FOR HIS BIRTHDAY? HOW ABOUT A PERFORMANCE BY THE YOUNG PEOPLE’S CHORUS OF NEW YORK CITY?”
-THE NEW YORK TIMES
“THE YOUNG PEOPLE’S CHORUS OF NEW YORK CITY, ONE OF NEW YORK CITY’S ARTISTIC TREASURES…”