YPC has had a significant impact on thousands of children and their communities by:
- Each year, providing 2,000 NYC children from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds with innovative vocal music education.
- Offering choristers YPC’s College Bound Program, ensuring 100% of YPC graduates attend college.
- Redefining what can be expected from young voices by raising the level of artistry and performance for children.
- Expanding and invigorating today’s repertoire for children’s choruses, with well over 130 commissions and premieres by some of the world’s most distinguished composers.
- Reaching millions of viewers through YPC’s innovative new digital platform, YPC Films
- Inspiring millions of listeners annually through performances at national and international concert halls, radio, and TV programs, and recordings.
- Inviting choristers to travel across the U.S. and world for concerts and competitions.
- Providing thousands of children with a path to success, through YPC’s corporate partnerships and mentoring programs.
“THIS TEEN-AGE CHORUS’ LATEST PROGRAM IS SO SOPHISTICATED IT COULD PUT MANY ADULT CHOIRS TO SHAME.”
-THE NEW YORKER
“WHAT DO YOU GET A DECORATED ELDER OF THE AMERICAN MUSIC SCENE FOR HIS BIRTHDAY? HOW ABOUT A PERFORMANCE BY THE YOUNG PEOPLE’S CHORUS OF NEW YORK CITY?”
-THE NEW YORK TIMES
“THE YOUNG PEOPLE’S CHORUS OF NEW YORK CITY, ONE OF NEW YORK CITY’S ARTISTIC TREASURES…”
VISION AND VALUES | RACISM AND DISCRIMINATION POLICY
The Young People’s Chorus of New York City (YPC) is a multicultural youth chorus whose mission and values are deeply rooted in providing children of all cultural and economic backgrounds with a unique program of music education and choral performance. YPC is committed to empowering our youth and providing pathways to success through the arts so that each child, no matter what race, gender, socioeconomic background, or religion can reach their full potential.
YPC aims to create an inclusive culture that fosters acceptance and respect for diversity. In doing so, we seek to deepen understanding and knowledge among students of diverse backgrounds, cultivate empathy and collaboration, and promote student and staff wellbeing. Our youth and staff are enriched by and celebrate the diversity of our whole YPC community. YPC therefore rejects all forms of racist behavior and is committed to the elimination of discrimination (including direct and indirect racism) in our organization, music curriculum, programs, activities, and in the learning and working environment.