The organization has an immediate need for a qualified Artistic Assistant. This individual will provide organization and administrative support to the artistic team. This position allows for a great chance to participate in all aspects of YPC’s program, interact with choristers daily, and learn all facets of event production.
General Position Responsibilities
Work directly with Concert and Events Manager and Executive Producer to support our artistic team for all rehearsals and performances on a daily basis.
- Oversee rehearsal setup, distribution of music and artistic needs
- Manage arrival and dismissal procedures
- Maintain chorister attendance records
- Organize and maintain music scores
Concert and Tours
- Research and book outside vendors for all events
- Transport equipment and uniforms to event locations
- Work with Concert and Events Manager, Conductors and Wardrobe Assistant to prepare logistics for all events
- Travel on tours when needed
- Keep records of event expenses for Finance Department Production Assistant Management
- Hire and manage part-time production assistants and interns
- Create personal weekly and monthly work plans
- Manage production teams at self-produced events
- Act as primary contact for choreographers and artistic consultants
- Create monthly digital chorister calendars
- Book outside spaces when necessary
- Maintain library system and manage inventory throughout the season
- Keep records and budget of all music purchased
1. Establish Monday-Friday regular office hours
2. Conduct yourself professionally at all times
3. Be available by cell phone
4. Expect to work some weekends and evenings as events require (approximately 10-12 weekends per year which include concerts, tours, and workshops)
5. Take initiative on projects
6. Dress professionally at all times
7. Attend conferences and workshops as needed
- Experience in theater, concert production and/or chorus management preferred.
- Previous work with technical production equipment (e.g. sound systems) and stage setup is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail required
- A self-starter with excellent communication skills and professional demeanor
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Seasoned time management skills ability to work well under deadline pressure and be able to juggle many projects simultaneously
- Strong individual: Able to lift instruments and equipment
- Strong computer skills: MS Word, Outlook and Excel, Internet savvy a must, experience with Access ideal
Core Competency Requirements
- Building Relationships
- Establish trust with others
- Form good working relationships with all business contacts
- Choral management experience
- Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of choristers
- Be proactive and creative in seeking out solutions to challenges that arise with each project
The Young People’s Chorus of New York City is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the development and arts fields are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
For additional information on the YPC organization visit: www.ypc.org.
Please send all application materials to email@example.com.
Careers at YPC
Young People’s Chorus of New York City
37 West 65th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10023