The Young People’s Chorus of New York City seeks a full-time Conducting Fellow to conduct YPC’s in-school choruses in New York City Public Schools and YPC’s Community Programs, and to assist and prepare the award-winning YPC After-School Choral Literacy and Performance Program. The Conducting Fellow will work with the artistic team to create and produce curriculum, evaluations, and concerts and will assist in program administration and special projects. This position also includes ongoing training with YPC Founder/Artistic Director Francisco J. Núñez and Associate Artistic Director Elizabeth Núñez. Position will begin in August 2019. YPC offers an attractive compensation package, which includes a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package.
- Location: Manhattan, NY
- Work Experience: 1-2+ years
- Bachelor of Arts (required) or Master’s (desired) degree in choral conducting or music education
- Experience conducting and teaching
- Piano competency
- Knowledge of and competence in conducting all styles of music
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a large and diverse team
- Desire to work in multiple environments
Application must include:
- Cover letter
- Video recording (YouTube or Dropbox preferred) including:
- A one to two minute self-introduction
- Conducting or teaching footage (not to exceed 10 minutes) of:
- Warm-ups in the rehearsal setting
- Front view of conductor rehearsing 2 pieces of contrasting styles
- One letter of professional reference with contact e-mail and phone number
Electronic submissions desired; cell phone video quality acceptable. Please clearly mark all application materials with first and last name. Video links should include a table of contents outlining material incorporated such as repertoire and composers.
The Young People’s Chorus of New York City is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the development and arts fields are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
YPC offers an attractive compensation package, which includes a competitive salary.
Please send all application materials to email@example.com.
Careers at YPC
Young People’s Chorus of New York City
37 West 65th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10023