Development and Research Coordinator
The organization has an immediate requirement for a Development and Research Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Development, the position will ensure the smooth functioning of all of the department’s internal operations and systems in addition to supporting YPC’s front-line fundraisers. The candidate will be a tenacious researcher who helps identify new donor prospects. The candidate excels in database management, is a systems thinker, has strong analytical skills, and anticipates system and database needs, proactively taking action before issues arise.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and oversee YPC’s custom-built donor database (Access) – including all gift entry, creating and running reports, record cleaning and updating, reconciling gifts with the finance department, pulling mailing lists, working with YPC’s technical consultant to repair glitches and continually improve the system
- Provide data analysis to the development department: developing comparison reports, noticing trends, summarizing report findings for leadership, and making recommendations for changes to the system and procedures based on evolving needs
- Support the department’s acknowledgement process, solicitation and cultivation activity tracking, government funder compliance, online registrations upkeep, and government contract execution
- Research new institutional, corporate and individual prospects and maintain research notes in database
- 3 years of database management experience
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Suite, Access, Excel and Word
- Experience working with online research tools such as iWave, Foundation Directory online, Guidestar, Charity Navigator, etc.
- Exceptional organizational skills with superb attention to detail
- Adept at working on numerous projects at once
- Passion for data organization and analysis
- Ability and interest in learning new procedures on the job
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and high expectations
- Flexibility, and positive attitude
- Collaborative and dedicated to team efforts
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor and work within a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Pro-active and self-starter
- Interest in growing professionally and receiving constructive feedback
- Sense of humor and ability to adapt quickly to changing needs
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of students
The Young People’s Chorus of New York City is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the development and arts fields are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
The YPC offers an attractive compensation package, which includes a competitive salary.
For additional information on the YPC organization visit: www.ypc.org.
Please send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Careers at YPC
Young People’s Chorus of New York City
37 West 65th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10023