The organization has an immediate requirement for a seasoned Development Manager. Reporting to the Director of Development, he/she will ensure the smooth functioning of all of the department’s internal operations and systems in addition to supporting YPC’s front-line fundraisers, managing the city government advocacy and fundraising campaign, and helping identify and research new donor prospects.
- Location: Manhattan, NY
- Work Experience: 3+ years of Development Experience
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and oversee YPC’s custom-built donor database – including all gift entry, running reports, record cleaning and updating, reconciling gifts with the finance department, pulling mailing lists, working with YPC’s technical consultant to repair glitches and continually improve the system
- Manage and oversee the department’s acknowledgement process, solicitation and cultivation activity tracking, government funder compliance, online registrations upkeep, and government contract execution
- With the DoD, manage YPC’s city council advocacy and funding campaigns
- Assist YPC’s grant-writers in managing the grants calendar
- Prepare and update all attachments for grant proposals and ensure that all proposals, reports and supplemental materials are submitted on time
- Work with artistic and education staff to ensure evaluations and reports comply with funder requirements
- Assist the DoD with drafting correspondence and managing the annual calendar of donor communications and appeals
- Identify and help develop new institutional, corporate and individual prospects with the support of the development and artistic team
- Greet VIPs at performances and cultivation events, support special events with RSVPs, list building, registrations and ticketing.
- 3+ years of development experience
- Exceptional organizational skills with superb attention to detail
- Adept at working on numerous projects at once
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability and interest in learning new procedures on the job
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Suite, Access, Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and high expectations, willingness to push limits of existing abilities of the department to meet changing needs
- Knowledge of government funders and contracts
- Knowledge of NYC arts/youth funding community
- Pro-active, self-starter
- Collaborative and dedicated to team efforts
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor and work within a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility, and positive attitude
- Interest in growing professionally and receiving constructive feedback
- Sense of humor and ability to adapt quickly to changing needs
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic
The Young People’s Chorus of New York City is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the development and arts fields are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
YPC offers an attractive compensation package, which includes a competitive salary.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in this role, how you learned about this opportunity and why you would be a good fit for this position.
- Your resume/CV
- Two (2) writing samples