The Young People’s Chorus of New York City seeks a full-time Education and Volunteer Coordinator. The Education Coordinator will work with the Director of Education and Associate Artistic Director to manage YPC’s College Bound programming, which includes a suite of educational workshops for grades 3-12, tutoring services, SAT and ACT prep classes, and direct college application support. As Volunteer Coordinator, the position will recruit, train and supervise volunteers for all YPC’s events and administrative needs. The Education and Volunteer Coordinator will also work with colleagues and partner organizations to develop and maintain evaluations of all YPC’s programs. Position begins upon hire. YPC offers an attractive compensation package, which includes a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package.
- Location: Manhattan, NY
- Intermediate Career Level
- Bachelor of Arts (required) or Master’s (desired) degree in education, counseling, arts administration or related field
- Knowledge of current education systems and practices, enthusiasm for working with children ages 8-18
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a large and diverse team
- Pro-active, self-starter, highly organized and adept at working on numerous projects at once
- Sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds of students
- Experience administering and analyzing program evaluations or educational assessments a plus
- 2-3 years of experience working in educational settings (school or nonprofit)
The Young People’s Chorus of New York City is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the development and arts fields are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Application must include:
1. Cover letter
3. Two (2) writing samples
4. Two (2) listed references including email and phone number
Electronic submissions desired. Please make sure all application materials are clearly marked with first and last name.
Interested candidates please send materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.