The Young People’s Chorus of New York City, an award-winning music program, announces the launch of The Arts Career Training Program (ACT) thanks to the generous support of the New York State Council on the Arts.
Paid summer and year-round internships are now available for young adults who are interested in pursuing careers in arts and arts administration. Current job openings for New York State residents ages 18 and up are:
- Assist in the production of concerts and rehearsals
- Set up rooms, organize equipment, create materials for daily rehearsals, track chorister participation
- Assist in organizing and maintaining the YPC music library, ordering and organizing music for rehearsals and concerts for six choral divisions, two community choruses and music programs in 16 public schools
- Help with preparation for concerts and special events: create timelines, develop, distribute and track memos, assist with communications with vendors, musicians, and partners, assist with event budgeting, help with back-stage management.
- Participate in production meetings, conduct research for the production department
- Assist wardrobe coordinator with daily wardrobe management including online orders, measuring, count, and costume assessment and distribution for 1,700 choristers
- Assist with preparation, set-up and breakdown during concerts, events and before and after tours: costume count, on-site alterations as needed, packing, transportation and storage of wardrobe items
- Assist with storage management (several locations), costume collection after concerts, start-of-season and end-of-season preparations
- Participate in production meetings, conduct research for the wardrobe department, and assist with vendor communications
Marketing and Public Relations Intern
- Assist with planning and implementing marketing campaigns across communication channels, collect data from marketing campaigns, help with monitoring the organization’s social media channels
- Assist in maintaining the YPC website
- Participate in department meetings, assist the marketing department in administrative tasks; conduct research and analysis
- Assist with general database processing and data entry ensuring proper donor activity tracking, including contact information, giving and projections reports, event attendance, etc.
- Help implement several annual fundraising campaigns including direct mail, email and special cultivation
- Assist with data collection and institutional and individual prospect research
- Process acknowledgement letters and assist with donor communications drafting correspondence and narrative reports
- Assist education and artistic staff with YPC College Bound, Schools, and Vocal Resolutions programs
- Prepare and organize materials for education events in the upcoming season, including memos, letters, emails, handouts, and evaluation forms
- Communicate with performance chorus and partner school families for recruitment and follow up via phone and email to retrieve registration forms
- Prepare class lists for the upcoming season
- Support collection, input, and analysis of data for all education programming
- Conduct research about potential programming and recruitment as needed
No prior experience in music or arts management is required. Responsibilities are scaled to the ability of each intern.
Interns are required to commit to a minimum of 1-2 days per week during office hours, M-F 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position listing in your subject line.