YPC National seeks Conductors for full-time positions available in multiple locations throughout the US at YPC-inspired choruses. The Conductors will work with YPC National artistic team to create and produce curriculum, evaluations, and concerts and to understand the needs in program administration and special projects specific to each location. This position includes ongoing training with YPC Founder/Artistic Director Francisco J. Núñez and Associate Artistic Director Elizabeth Núñez. Position will begin in August 2019.
- Location: Multiple locations throughout the US
- Career level: Mid-career
- Bachelor of Arts (required) or Master’s (desired) degree in choral conducting or music education
- Experience conducting and teaching
- Piano competency
- Knowledge of and competence in conducting all styles of music
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a large and diverse team
- Desire to work in multiple environments
Application must include:
- Cover letter
- Video recording (YouTube or Dropbox preferred) including:
- A one to two minute self-introduction
- Conducting or teaching footage (not to exceed 10 minutes) of:
- Warm-ups in the rehearsal setting
- Front view of conductor rehearsing 2 pieces of contrasting styles
- One letter of professional reference with contact e-mail and phone number
Electronic submissions desired; cell phone video quality acceptable. Please clearly mark all application materials with first and last name. Video links should include a table of contents outlining material incorporated such as repertoire and composers.
About YPC National:
YPC National, Inc. supports and inspires youth choruses and choral conductors across the country with a program of artistic excellence, diversity, and education modeled on the Young People’s Chorus of New York City (YPC). We use the YPC model to bring together children of various backgrounds to sing at the highest artistic level. In turn, they gain understanding, appreciation, and mutual respect for cultures and identities that enrich the communities they live in. Through this model, children learn to recognize the value of everyone’s voice.
The Young People’s Chorus of New York City is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the development and arts fields are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
YPC offers an attractive compensation package, which includes a competitive salary.
Please send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YPC National, Inc.
Young People’s Chorus of New York City
37 West 65th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10023