SING, HAVE FUN, MAKE NEW FRIENDS!
YPC’s 8th Annual Honor Chorus Festival is Saturday, March 28, 2009. Students ages 12-18 are invited to this one-day festival where they will learn and practice a variety of songs including pop, gospel and world music and perform them in a concert that night for their friends and family. The festival is not only a day of fun and excitement, but participants will also have the unique opportunity to learn from professional musicians, conductors, composers and dancers.
- NYC’s Ballet Hispanico School Ensemble will not only perform their own selections in the concert, but will be teaching festival-goers their original, innovative choreography!
- Jamie Bernstein, daughter of Leonard Bernstein, recently composed a song called “NYC Shout-out” just for the Honor Chorus Festival!
- The Young People’s Chorus of New York City™ will welcome members from their first affiliate, Young People’s Chorus of Erie (Pennsylvania)!
- Over 300 participants are coming from all over New York City and tri-state area!
- Auditions are not required and previous music experience is not necessary to enjoy this fun-filled event. A $35 participation fee includes a t-shirt, meals and snacks. Scholarships are available.