The Young People’s Chorus of New York City (YPC) is a multicultural youth chorus internationally renowned for its superb virtuosity, brilliant showmanship, and innovative model of diversity.
Founded by Artistic Director Francisco J. Núñez, a MacArthur Fellow and Musical America’s 2018 Educator of the Year, YPC’s mission and values are deeply rooted in providing children of all cultural and economic backgrounds with a unique program of music education and choral performance. YPC is committed to empowering our youth and providing pathways to success through the arts so that each child, no matter what race, gender, socioeconomic background, or religion can reach their full potential.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Young People’s Chorus of New York City seeks a full-time Conducting Fellow to conduct YPC’s in- school choruses in New York City Public Schools and YPC’s Community Programs, and to assist and prepare the award-winning YPC After-School Choral Literacy and Performance Program. The Conducting Fellow will work with the artistic team to create and produce curriculum, evaluations, and concerts and will assist in program administration and special projects. This position also includes ongoing training with YPC Founder/Artistic Director Francisco J. Núñez and Creative Director Elizabeth Núñez. The position will begin in Summer 2022. YPC offers an attractive compensation package, which includes a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
- Bachelor of Arts (required) or Master’s (desired) degree in choral conducting or music education
- Experience conducting and teaching
- Piano competency
- Knowledge of and competence in conducting all styles of music
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a large and diverse team
- Desire to work in multiple environments
The application must include:
- Cover letter
- Video recording (YouTube/Vimeo or similar links preferred) including:
- A one to two minute self-introduction
- Conducting or teaching footage (not to exceed 10 minutes) of:
- Warm-ups in the rehearsal setting
- Front view of conductor rehearsing 2 pieces of contrasting styles
- One letter of professional reference with contact e-mail and phone number
Electronic submissions desired; cell phone video quality acceptable. Please clearly mark all application materials with first and last name. Please outline all video material such as repertoire and composers.
Please send materials to:
Or Via Mail:
Young People’s Chorus of New York City
37 West 65th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10023