Young People’s Chorus of New York City brings its innovative, nationally recognized music education and choral performance program to children throughout the city in partnership with New York City schools.
What do choristers learn?
All choristers will learn the fundamentals of music and choral performance through a standards-based curriculum that includes:
- Joy from artistic expression and achievement
- Healthy vocal technique
- Music literacy and aural skills
- Movement and choreography
- Teamwork and leadership skills
How is the chorus structured?
Choruses are led by Young People’s Chorus of New York City’s trained conductors and professional accompanists through synchronous and asynchronous sessions, children will experience the joy of singing while exploring music that spans New York City’s many cultures.
- Programs are available for 15, 12, or 9 week residencies
- Everyone in selected grades is eligible to participate
- Engaging online sessions allow singers to connect in real time with their conductor
- YPC will work within school’s budget
- This year’s program will culminate in June with a 360-degree virtual concert experience that will be fun for the whole family
- Choristers will perform the music they learned in their rehearsals as well as learn exciting new songs
How will the chorus enrich your community?
- Academic skills are supported through the study of music
- Global understanding is enhanced by YPC’s unique canon of repertoire
- 21st Century skills are strengthened through the pursuit of artistic goals
If you’d like to be a YPC school partner, please email email@example.com.